Calypso Star Charters was awarded South Australia’s best Adventure Tourism business in 2015 & 2016. Established in 1990, we have a proud history of providing safe, exciting and sustainable Shark Cage Diving. One day charters and Twilight charters available (Twilight tours operate from November to January). More people choose to dive with Calypso Star Charters than any other operator in Australia.
Why choose Calypso Star Charters?
- The only one day operator privileged to have a permit to berley to attract the Great White Sharks.
- This gives our guests the best chance of shark sightings and the best possible interactions on the day.
- The highest success rate (85%) of shark sightings of the one day operators.
- The only operator that provides daily updates of shark sightings and historical sightings of every charter since January 2011. Providing honesty and realistic expectations.
- MV Calypso Star 2 is the largest one day vessel in the Shark Cage Diving industry.
- MVCalypso Star 2 is the only shark diving vessel fitted with a gyroscopic stabiliser (cost us $300,000). This dramatically reduces the chance of guests falling sea sick and increase their comfort during the day. (It reduces the boat roll by 80%) - This vessel is used for the Day trip only.
- Most tour departures and NO MINIMUM PASSENGERS
- Largest shark cage, up to 8 divers. Unobstructed 360 degree view.
- Top side viewing from the main deck or bridge deck.
- No dive experience required
- Ranked Number One on Trip Advisor
- More people choose to shark cage dive with us than any other operator in Australia.
Day trip itinerary
- Boarding at 6.30am behind The Marina Hotel on Cape Baron Place.
- Full day charters with no guarantee return time. Although we normally return between 5-8pm.
- 3 hour journey to Neptune Island Marine Park.
- Breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and snacks included throughout the day.
- Tea, coffee, cappuccinos and water available all day.
- Soft drinks and bottled water available to purchase (only $1).
- Alcoholic beverages available to purchase after diving has finished. No BYO.
- All equipment included on the day. 7mm wetsuit, hood, boots and gloves.
- Transfers available from most accommodation places from $10 per person return. The Port Lincoln Hotel offer free transfers.
- Free parking available on the vacant block in front of our office.
- Up to 45 guest capacity. No minimum passengers.
- Approximately 45 minutes dive time. The dive time depends on the shark activity on the day.
- Our crew’spriority is to make sure guests all receive a similar level of shark interaction on the day; therefore dive group times can vary.
- EFTPOS, GoPro hire, highlight photos and souvenirs available on board.
Twilight trip itinerary
- Boarding at 1.15pm behind The Marina Hotel on Cape Baron Place.
- Normally return around 11 pm.
- Please note - the tour does seem shorter but the difference is- The fastest boat to Neptune Islands and a smaller guest number thus less number of dive groups. It is only 2¼ hours hour journey to Neptune Island Marine Park.
- Enjoy a cooked dinner at sea.
- Up to 25 guest capacity. No minimum passengers.
- All other facilities are the same as the day tour.
- Fastest boat to Neptune Islands with the smallest group size.
- Spectators can pay the $100 upgrade on board
- Multiple tour discounts apply if also booking a Sealions tour. Sealion tour receives a 25% discount.